Most families will often find themselves with more possessions that they can ever use. Some of these items have sentimental value so they can’t be discarded. These items include boxes of memories, extra clothes, and Christmas decorations. Such can be stored in the loft; which can be accessed using the highest quality loft ladders from a recommended company. Loft ladders provide safe and easy access to the loft. They’re less hassle and considerably affordable compared to stairways, yet they serve the same purpose.
Installing a proper loft ladder means that you do not have to go out to the shed to get that old ladder and use it to access your loft. By using this rickety ladder, you risk falling and breaking a couple of bones. There are options for getting either aluminum loft ladders or wooden loft ladders.
To convert your loft for use as an economical storage area, you will need some tools and equipment. These include:
- Tape measure
- Gloves and a face mask to protect you from dust
Converting your loft into a usable storage space is not as complicated as most people think. Start by measuring the area that will be covered by the loft boards. Then get to work and start drilling the boards in place.
If the loft is dimly lit, install some roof windows and skylights to take advantage of daylight. Keep the glasses clean to maximize on the amount of light coming in? Roof windows and skylights come in various designs to fit your building architecture. These windows can transform any loft space and give it a great light balance. Roof windows will also provide a route for escape in the event of a fire.
You should also consider adding some wiring to provide light, especially at night. You can then have a two-way switch that can be operated at the top or at the bottom of the ladder. Fitting electric lights is the most cost-effective option.
Insulating your loft will make it habitable. There are laws that have been put in place to govern the amount of insulation required in the loft
The windows that you install should also have thermal and insulating properties.
Installing loft boarding will enable you to make the most out of the available space by strategically using all the space to the maximum. This is an excellent solution to the problem of needing more storage room; without having to move to a different house. Below is a list of ways in which the loft can be used for storage:
- A custom walk-in closet wardrobe. Get a fully functioning closet with double hanging spaces as well as drawers for your innerwear and jewelry? You can have it tailored to whatever style you prefer.
- Storage for books and art pieces. Get tailor-made bookshelves
- Built-in cabinets and floating shelves that fit in the awkward angles. These will offer massive storage space without crowding the room.
- Underthebed storage. You can capitalize on the space underneath your bed by installing special drawers under there. These pullout drawers are a genius idea.
- Baskets and wooden crates. If you cannot afford to install boarding, you can use baskets and crates to make use of your loft space.